La Fédération Nationale des Producteurs de Plants de Pomme de Terre
The Fédération Nationale des Producteurs de Plants de Pommes de Terre (National Federation of Seed Potato Growers) (FN3PT) was created in 1932 to bring together the seed potatoes growers' associations which are qualified for official inspection and, since 1994, the three Etablissements Producteurs Régionaux (or E.P.R.s) (Regional Growers' Associations):
COMITE NORD - Station d'Achicourt
Rue des Champs Potez
Tel : 02 98 21 97 00
COMITE CENTRE ET SUD
Tel : 05 55 71 49 95
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ORGANISATION OF SEED POTATO GROWERS
- Inspecting and certifying seed potatoes, delegated powers from the Ministry of Agriculture;
- Producing starting material (cuttings in vitro, mini tubers);
- Improving production techniques and technical support to seed potato growers;
- The economic organisation of the sector;
- Breeding of new varieties (Comité Nord, Bretagne Plants, GROCEP);
- Promoting expertise and French seed potatoes nationally and internationally.
- 80 staff in all, including 60 accredited by SOC to carry out inspection and certification.
- 3 stations whose laboratories are registered by SOC for the production of starting material and for the analysis of the health status of seed potatoes. In addition, these centres carry out research and experiments with the aim of improving methods of cultivation.
- 3 stations for breeding new varieties in collaboration with various partners (growers, wholesale co-operatives). They breed varieties for their culinary and technical qualities as well as for their disease resistance. They call on a wide network of trials in Europe to evaluate their performance under cultivation.
- A number of collaborative operations have been set up with research organisations (INRA, Universities) whose main aim is to improve methods for detecting potato pathogens (virus, bacteria, fungi), and to identify varieties.
- 3 Regional Economic Committees whose task is to set up a national production plan for varieties within the public domain, to produce regular statistics of market trends and to organise withdrawal of stock in the event of over-production.
For more information:
On the FN3PT: E-mail: email@example.com
On the COMITE NORD: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
On BRETAGNE PLANTS: E-mail: email@example.com
On GROCEP: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org